Alice Stewart jewellery is made from solid sterling silver or gold-plated sterling silver with the exception of bespoke pieces.
Here are a few hints and tips on how to care for your jewellery.
To keep your Alice Stewart jewellery looking lovely we have come up with a few tips for keeping it in tip-top condition.
• So your jewellery doesn't get scratched, store it separately.
• To help prevent tarnishing significantly, store your jewellery out of exposure to air. A zip-lock plastic bag is an easy way to achieve this.
• Damp and hot conditions will cause your jewellery to tarnish badly, so try not to leave it next to heating, window sills or in the bathroom.
• Skin and hair products as well as perfumes and lotions can react and tarnish or corrode your jewellery, so apply cosmetics before you put your jewellery on.
• Remove jewellery when exercising or doing any hard physical work, and try not to wear it overnight.
• If you go on holiday, hot weather and bright sunlight can also speed up the tarnishing process. Jewellery should always be taken off before the pool, shower or sea.
• A Silver 'Dip' solution is a great way to clean silver jewellery, but always make sure the jewellery is rinsed thoroughly afterwards.
• A Silver polishing cloth can also be used to clean silver jewellery and can be handy for taking with you travelling. It should not be used on the satin/matt finished pieces however as it will alter the finish.
• Gold-plated jewellery can be cleaned with warm soapy water and a really soft toothbrush, rinsed and dried well.
Sterling silver naturally tarnishes with the exposure to air and the environment as well as perfumes, lotions & perspiration.
Silver is susceptible to damage by chlorine and salt. Avoid wearing silver jewellery when using chlorine, bleach or while in a pool.
Our Gold plating is a layer of gold on top of Sterling Silver. Alice Stewart jewellery uses 18ct Gold-plated Sterling Silver to give the pieces a warm Gold colour.
Although Gold-plated jewellery won't tarnish in the same way as Silver, it will get dirty with wear and moist conditions will cause it to fade.
Gold-plate may in time slightly fade depending on wear and the amount of care taken. Alice Stewart jewellery offers a re-conditioning service to help keep the jewellery in pristine condition. Please see "Repairs and Reconditioning Service"